B.Sc. in geography, Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia, 2010
Ph.D. of science, Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia, 2015
urban geography, electoral geography, sustainable mobility
- representative of the civil society in the Inter-ministerial working group for monitoring and executing the resolution on the National programme for road traffic safety for the period 2013–2022
- member of the National working group for Sustainable urban mobility plans
- president of Ljubljana Geographical Society
- member of the Geography of Slovenia book series editorial board
- member of the Georhythm book series editorial board
- member of Acta geographica Slovenica editorial board
- coeditor of the CAPACities book series
- Tiran, J., Bole, D., Kozina, J. 2022: Industrial culture as an agent of social innovation: reflections from Velenje, Slovenia. Innovation: the European journal of social science research.
- Brezina T, Tiran J, Ogrin M, Laa B. 2021: COVID-19 impact on daily mobility in Slovenia. Acta geographica Slovenica 61-2.
- Tiran, J., Lakner, M., Drobne, S. 2019: Modelling walking accessibility: A case study of Ljubljana, Slovenia. Moravian Geographical Reports 27-4.
- Tiran, J. 2016: Measuring urban quality of life: case study of Ljubljana. Acta geographica Slovenica 56-1.
- Vehovar, U., Tiran, J. 2017: Structural and cultural characteristics of Slovenian society and potential for establishment of authoritarian rule. Research in social change 9-1.
CARE4CLIMATE ( 01. january 2019 - 31. december 2026)
TuneOurBlock - Transforming urban quarters to human scale environments: applying superblock concepts for different urban structures ( mednarodni_raziskovalni • 01. may 2021 - 30. april 2024)
Bright Future ( raziskovalni • 01. march 2017 - 01. march 2020)
HEPNESS ( mednarodni • 01. january 2017 - 31. december 2018)
Elaboration of the Sustainable Urban Mobility Plan for the Municipality of Tržič ( trzni_projekt • 04. may 2016 - 30. april 2017)